Thursday, March 21, 2013

Theater Thursday: Casting Fun

So there's been a lot of fun casting the past little bit for Young Adult Films.  First, Divergent has filled out it's cast of characters, including the elusive Four. I'm actually pretty excited about some of the people they got to play different characters.  I mean, Kate Winselt is always great.  I also kind of appreciate how there are a lot of people I'm not really familiar with.  It makes it easier for them to actually become the character they're playing.  In some movies, I'm never learn the of the character, they're just Tom Hanks or Reece Witherspoon, and even tough they do a good job, they never move beyond that.

Now I know IMDB isn't always the most reliable source for movie news early on. Too many people can play with it, but I've confirmed most of the below on different sights, so check it out.  I'm pretty excited.

Credited cast:
Shailene Woodley...
Theo James...
Four
Aaron Eckhart...
Andrew Prior
Kate Winslet...
Jai Courtney...
Eric
Maggie Q...
Tori
Miles Teller...
Peter
Ray Stevenson
Zoë Kravitz...
Ansel Elgort...

(Cast List from IMDB)

In other movie casting, The Maze Runner has found several of it's leads, though Thomas still hasn't been announced.  We have Thomas Broadie-Sangster as Newt, Will Poulter as Gally, and Aml Ameen as Alby.  Still, there are tons of people left to find, so I'm excited to see who they get.

Then we have Chloe Grace Moretez on If I Stay.

Finally, Shailene Woodley (Tris from Divergent)  is going to add another YA book to film adaption to her growing list.  She's been cast as Hazel in John Green's The Fault in Our Stars.  To be honest, I haven't actually read this book yet, which is probably a tragedy since it's gotten great reviews by people I trust.  The problem, for me, is the book is about cancer, and while I'm sure it's amazing, I haven't been emotionally ready to deal with that yet.  Maybe that's shallow of me, but I think it's a really tough subject, especially when young people have it. Still, it's on my too read shelf, and I'll have to get to it soon before it gets too close to the movie's release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment