Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Trailer Tuesday: The Winner's Curse

I should probably preface this by saying I know nothing about this author. Even though she's written several books before this, I've never checked them out. Still, if this book is as good as I'm hoping it will be, then I might have to read some of the other things she's written.  Besides the trailer and synopsis below, what really makes me excited for this is all the great reviews the book has gotten.  Everyone whose read it, and I do mean everyone lucky enough to get an advanced copy, from bloggers to other authors, seems to think it's amazing, giving it 4-5 stars across the board, so with all those recommendations, how can I not be excited?  Check out the trailer and synopsis below and see if you're as excited as I am.



Winning what you want may cost you everything you love 


As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. 

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. 

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse
 by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart. Quoted from Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment