Thursday, July 25, 2013

Theater Thursday: The Seventh Son

I'm not quite sure what I feel about this.  On one hand, Jeff Bridges is an amazing actor and Ben Barnes is attractive---both good points.  Plus they upped the action factor, and I'm not worried about them making Thomas a little bit older; the scary factor in the books justify that decisions. Still, it looks like they deviated a lot from the plot.  Maybe it's just the preview skewing things, but the feeling of the books is missing, at least to me. That's something I think Harry Potter really tried to do: capture the feeling.  This adaption?  I'm not so sure about. Of course I'm hoping for amazing, but a January release date isn't exactly full of promise. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

I realize the preview came out a couple of weeks ago, so many of yo may have seen it, but I'm afraid Autsenland and How to Train Your Dragon 2 took priority.  Anyway, here it is.  Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment