Thursday, July 18, 2013

Theater Thursday: How to Train Your Dragon 2

I am ridiculously excited for this movie.  I realize it's a year away (it's due out 20 June 2014), but I still can't wait.  I absolutely adored the first one.  To be absolutely honest, HTTYD and Tangled were probably my favorite movies of 2010 ( I didn't see The King's Speech until 2011), beating out such greats as Iron Man 2, Alice in Wonderland, and even Inception (and a bunch of other movies I don't really remember, so yeah, maybe not the greatest year, but still . . .).

The trailer doesn't show all that much, but I did thoroughly enjoy that slightly more grown up version of Hiccup ( I guess the movie takes place 5 years after the first one).  Anyway, let me know what you think.
If you haven't read the books (and I'll admit I haven't, but I hear great things), here's a quick summary
of the first one. It's short, I know, but at this point almost everyone should have seen the movie, so I have little sympathy, and it basically sums up the essence of what the book is about (or at least the movie).

Chronicles the adventures and misadventures of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III as he tries to pass the important initiation test of his Viking clan, the Tribe of the Hairy Hooligans, by catching and training a dragon.   Quoted from Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment