Sunday, December 2, 2012

Anticipating December

Like I said last month, there are always trends.  I think most of the book companies try and rush out their big sellers in Sept. and Oct. so they won't get lost in the holiday shuffle, or maybe they don't want to compete with all the great movies that magically appear this season.  Whatever the reason, this is a slower month for new books.  Of course, there are still oodles of books on my Too Read list, so it's not like I'll be deprived.  Plus there are a few books coming out this month that I'm still super excited for. Here's my list of books I'm anticipating this month. If you think of any others, let me know and I'll add them.

        Radiant – Cynthia Hand

         Avow – Chelsea Fine

24th: Crimson Frost – Jennifer Estep

So that's it.  I know it's not a lot, but I'm still really excited for them. First, I love authors retelling fairytales, so Jessica Day George's take on Little Red Riding Hood and Robin Hood (did anyone else notice a lot of hoods in there?) should be a ton of fun. Then Radiant. I know it's a novella, Unearthly 2.5 if you will, but I love Cynthia Hand.  So far her books have been amazing, so I'm nothing but excited for another little peek in Clara's world.  Finally, there's Falling Kingdoms.  Have I read this author? No. But the cover looks amazing, and after I finished reading The Seven Realms series, I've been on the hunt for another good fantasy, so I've got my fingers crossed. All in all, there are a few good gems coming out this month; plus, it's a chance to catch up on other books you've been meaning to read but haven't managed to. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment