Sunday, September 2, 2012

Anticipating September


I love this time of year.  Can I tell you how much?  Seriously, these next couple of months are about as perfect as I could wish for, and I'm not just talking about the weather, though I love that as well. Don't get me wrong; I love the changing of the leaves, the profusion of pumpkins, and that perfect, glorious moment right before everything begins to die.  Okay, so that sounded macabre, but it's sort of true. Anyway, about that other reason I love this time of year: Books

In the past week I've glutted myself on four, yes four, amazing books.  I have loved them all.  In fact, they will probably all appear on this very blog in the next week or so (yes I have Internet now, in case any of you were wondering, beautiful, wonderful Internet). But for now, I'm going to talk about some of the books coming out this month that I'm most excited for.  This is in no way a comprehensive list.  That would be far too difficult, and honestly I don't care about a lot of books that will be coming out, so here are some of my personal hi-lights from this month.

 September 2012:
            4th:  Tiger’s Destiny – Colleen Houck
                    Entice – Jessica Shrivington
                    Origin – Jessica Khoury
                    Monstrous Beauty – Elizabeth Fama
           


            11th: Unspoken – Sarah Rees Brennan
                     Shadowfell – Juliette Marillier
                     Hidden (Firelight #3) – Sophie Jordan
            
            25th: A Fractured Light – Jocelyn Davies
           





             27th:  The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling

Yes, September should be a great month. One name: J.K. Rowling.  Am I a bit scared?  Maybe a tiny bit, but I absolutely trust her.  Mostly I'm afraid of the price of the Casual Vacancy.  Still, J.K. Rowling plus mystery?  What more can I ask for.  

Then there's Tiger's Destiny.  Yes, there is way too much drama and angst.  Honestly, sometimes it's almost stiffling, but her books are addictive.  I love the Indian mythology.  I've wanted to go there ever since my semester in London, and this book just whetts my wanderlust.

Then there's Juliette Marilliar's Shadowfell.  After her amazing Wildwood Dancing, I'm super excited to see what she's going to come up with this time.  Sarah Rees Brennan is always amazing, and the rest of my list ingreagues me.  Some of the authors I haven't read, others are sequals, but all in all it looks to be an amazing month.

No comments:

Post a Comment