Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Book Review: United We Spy

Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.  Quoted from Goodreads

*******************

I love this series.  Seriously. It's light. It's fun. And the stakes get higher and higher with each book.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what I thought about it when I first started reading the series.  I mean, the girls first "secret mission" was to find out how to talk and flirt with an ordinary boy.  It was funny, don't get me wrong, but I mostly just thought about all the waste spy opportunities  if that was going to be the girl's great mission.  Plus, I never really had the desire to label Josh as one of my book boyfriends.  Zach on the other hand . . . well, let's just say the boys, like the books, got better and better as they progressed.

This book is probably the most action packed of the bunch and a lot darker.  Like the last Harry Potter (minus the boring wandering around with no clue what to do next), it moves away from the school and into the real world as the stakes go global. Cammie's left the school before, but this time she takes all her friends, and every one of them is needed.

Cammie's grown up a lot over the course of the series.  What happened in the last book really affected her, and she's still dealing with some of those scars.  It makes you appreciate Zach, Bex, Liz, and Macey even more.  Ally Carter's created such a strong group of friends, and I love that. I really appreciate that Cammie didn't just get the boy and forget everyone else in her life.  All of her friends are there to help her, and while I love Zach, the series is called Gallagher Girls for a reason.

Basically this book is everything you ever wanted in a conclusion.  It's action packed to the end, full of twists, most of which I didn't see coming, but it's also full of hope for the future.  I especially loved the talk at graduation.  It really captured what the books were about.

If you're looking for a fun series with lots of action, humor, and friendship, you need to read these books.  They're a blast from beginning to end, and I've loved watching the characters change and grow.  This series (and the book) are a stunning 5 stars for me. You couldn't ask for a better closing book. I've loved the time I've spent with these characters and I can't wait to see what Ally Carter comes up with next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment